- Published on Monday, 13 August 2012 10:33
- Written by courtesy of Kahve Cafe and Catering
This recipe makes approximately 10 delicious bagels, says Chef Joe of Kahve Cafe in Edgewater, Maryland.
Kahve Cafe traditional bagels
1/2 cup high-gluten flour
1/4 cup water
a pinch of yeast
3.5 cups high-gluten flour
1.75 tsp. active yeast
1.75 tsp. salt
10 oz. water
Mix the starter ingredients first and then let the starter dough rise for 12 hours.
Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients, add water, and knead. Let rise for an hour.
Portion the dough and form into balls. Let rise an hour.
Poke a hole in the middle and stretch, then boil the bagels for 2 minutes. Flip and boil on other side for 1 minute.
Let dry and then bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip bagels over to the other side, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Find more great recipes in our Recipes Section.
Search Chesapeake Inspired
|Thu Apr 17, 2014 @ 6:00PM - |
Good Food, Good Mood: Nutritional Boosts, Annapolis
|Thu Apr 17, 2014 @ 6:00PM - 12:00AM|
Group Run - Fleet Feet, Annapolis
|Thu Apr 17, 2014 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM|
Wine Tasting: A Taste of Italy, Annapolis
|Thu Apr 17, 2014 @ 6:00PM - 10:00PM|
CBMM Boater Safety Course, St. Michaels
|Thu Apr 17, 2014 @ 7:00PM - 09:00PM|
Charles Ball: A Living History Performance, Annapolis
|Thu Apr 17, 2014 @ 7:30PM - 09:00PM|
"The President's Own" U.S. Marine Band, Bowie
|Thu Apr 17, 2014 @ 7:30PM - 12:00AM|
By the Way, Meet Vera Stark, Baltimore
Most Popular Articles
- Recipe: Deer liver pate
- Fresh Vegetarian: Strawberry spinach salad with quinoa
- Fresh Vegetarian: Baked Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- Annapolis Rotary Club crab feast
- Meet the staff
- Fresh Vegetarian: Arugula, carrot, and chickpea salad
- Getting into the Naval Academy
- Crab dip, courtesy of the Greene Turtle
- About our contributors
- Fresh Vegetarian: Peach, Basil and Ricotta Flatbread