- Published on Monday, 13 August 2012 10:33
- Written by courtesy of Kahve Cafe and Catering
This recipe makes approximately 10 delicious bagels, says Chef Joe of Kahve Cafe in Edgewater, Maryland.
Kahve Cafe traditional bagels
1/2 cup high-gluten flour
1/4 cup water
a pinch of yeast
3.5 cups high-gluten flour
1.75 tsp. active yeast
1.75 tsp. salt
10 oz. water
Mix the starter ingredients first and then let the starter dough rise for 12 hours.
Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients, add water, and knead. Let rise for an hour.
Portion the dough and form into balls. Let rise an hour.
Poke a hole in the middle and stretch, then boil the bagels for 2 minutes. Flip and boil on other side for 1 minute.
Let dry and then bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip bagels over to the other side, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Find more great recipes in our Recipes Section.
Responses (0) Go to discussions >
|Mon Dec 09, 2013|
Push and Pull: Life on Chesapeake Tugboats, St. Michaels
|Mon Dec 09, 2013|
Santa’s Paradise Express, Strasburg, PA
|Mon Dec 09, 2013 @10:30AM - |
The Nutcracker presented by The National Ballet Company, Kettering
|Mon Dec 09, 2013 @ 5:00PM - 09:00PM|
ZooLights, Washington DC
|Mon Dec 09, 2013 @ 6:00PM - 10:00PM|
20th Annual Symphony of Lights, Columbia
|Mon Dec 09, 2013 @ 7:30PM - |
CSM Jazz Ensemble: Solid Brass, Prince Frederick
|Mon Dec 09, 2013 @ 9:30PM - |
27th Annual Winter Festival of Lights, Upper Marlboro
Most Popular Articles
- Recipe: Deer liver pate
- Fresh Vegetarian: Strawberry spinach salad with quinoa
- Annapolis Rotary Club crab feast
- Meet the staff
- Fresh Vegetarian: Arugula, carrot, and chickpea salad
- Fresh Vegetarian: Peach, Basil and Ricotta Flatbread
- About our contributors
- Getting into the Naval Academy
- Made on the Bay: A family salad dressing recipe
- Crab dip, courtesy of the Greene Turtle